La Trobe University Bendigo
The Bendigo Student Associations top priority is the health and wellbeing our members, students, staff, stakeholders and our community.
On behalf of the association and following the correspondence that our clubs and societies have been receiving from the BSA CEO Mitch Trevena. I wanted to brief to our community about our continuing response to COVID-19 and how it may impact student life here at La Trobe Bendigo.
We fully support the action taken by the La Trobe University in its response to COVID-19 and continue to be working closely on this evolving situation with them. We have taken immediate action in response to the Vice-Chancellors message to COVID-19 including suspending all of our student events and activities effective immediate.
Our approach to the uncertainty we all face in the coming months is to scale down our face to face campus operations, while we are immediately preparing to deliver our services in an altered way to ensure that we can still support students and to do all we can in continuing to make student life better. Effective immediate until 24 March our services including;
▪️Advocacy and Services
• Our advocacy services will continue via email. Please email our C.E.O Mitch at firstname.lastname@example.org for all student advocacy;
• To continue accessing our free financial advice from our community partner please email Jenny at email@example.com or phone their office on 03 54415277;
• To continue accessing our free legal advice at the Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre please call 03 54450909 or 1800 450 909 until further notice;
• Food-share which was ready this week has been put on hold effective immediate. If you are facing dire financial hardship please contact the Mitch the C.E.O on firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we can best support you.
▪️Events, Clubs and Societies
• All events have been suspended;
• As communicated with clubs and societies and putting in place ‘social distancing measures’ all clubs and societies events have been suspended. We thank the clubs and societies for their continuing support in our response to COVID-19;
• Refunds to all clubs and societies events will be processed in due course. There is no action needed to be taken by individuals;
• Club Executives will continue to be updated by Robyn.
Please follow official information from the Government and continue to be updated through La Trobe University COVID-19 FAQs https://www.latrobe.edu.au/about/novel-coronavirus. If you have any concerns or queries please do not hesitate to contact:
Myself on email@example.com or
Mitch Trevena firstname.lastname@example.org
Bendigo Student Association