FAQS about BSA Membership
We've put together some commonly asked questions to give you more info about how to become a BSA Member. If you have any Q's that you can't find the answer to please use our Contacts
How do I purchase a BSA Membership?
What payment methods does BSA accept?
- Go to our membership page
- Create an Account or Sign In if you're already a member
- Click Buy Now
- Click Add to Cart and check out
- You can also sign up by visiting our Info Desk, located on the SU Floor.
How do I know I'm a member?
- Card payments at our Info Desk or online
- Cash payments at our Info Desk.
How long does a BSA Membership last?
- Once you have joined, you will receive a 'Welcome' email from us. If you believe you have joined and you did not receive the email, simply get in contact with us and we can check our system.
How do I collect my BSA Member Welcome gifts?
- BSA Memberships last for a 12-month period and expire on the 1st of January.
- After you have joined, you need to come to our Info Desk on campus to collect your Welcome gifts. Gifts change each year - choose from a BSA Crew sweater or a T-shirt and Power Pack bundle. You will also get some fantastic discount vouchers to use at Sweeney's Cafe! Woohoo!
What benefits do BSA Members get from Sweeney's Cafe?
- BSA Members get every fifth hot beverage FREE!
- You'll also be able to purchase cheap BSA Member Meal Deals throughout the year. Keep an eye out on campus and our socials for updates on what these meals are.
I'm a member but can't work out how to access discounted tickets. What's the process?
- To access special BSA Member rates, make sure you are logged in to your account when you are trying to purchase a ticket, short course or club membership
- If you are looking for the discount code for O Week 2020 Stadium Sounds event, you should have received an email or text from us. If you haven't, get in contact with the events team on firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to get you the passcode.
Do I have to be a member to access BSA services?
- No, our services (Legal, Financial, Advicacy) are available to ALL LTUB students.
Do I have to be a BSA Member to join a BSA Club?
- No, but you will get a BSA Member discount on any club membership, so it's worthwhile considering joining the BSA first.
Why isn't there any car parking discount available now?
- The university is no longer able to partner with us to provide parking permit member discounts in 2020. As a result, we have replaced this offer with food & bev vouchers from Sweeney's Cafe. Plus! Join as a 2020 member before 5 March and you automatically go into the draw to win 1 of 5, 12-month parking permits! That's a full year of free parking just for signing up for FIVE lucky members! For more info, see our parking competition page.
What happens if I lose my membership sticker?
- Just come and see us at our Info Desk on the SU Floor. We can look up your membership details on our system and re-issue your sticker
Is there a Semester 2 membership?
- We don't have a Semester 2 membership but discounts on events, services, short courses and products are available all year. Not to mention, you still get your Welcome Gift which is worth well above the $50 membership fee.
Can I get a membership refund if I leave university?
- BSA Memberships are non-refundable